Consultancy Company Secretary
- Company Secretary with Financial Responsibility (not legal)
- $200k-$250k + super – Reporting to the Chairman – Must belong to the CGI & be CA/CPA
- Work for an ASX listed Engineering & Construction Company – Based in Perth Metro
Work for a high profile ASX Listed company who have multiple projects running simultaneously throughout Australia. Our client has forged a strong brand and reputation delivering projects into the areas of Infrastructure, Resources, Construction and Energy.
The Exciting Opportunity:
You will be responsible for performing the duties and responsibilities of a Company Secretary as required by the Corporations Act (CA), the Company’s Constitution, the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) listing rules and any other relevant legislation or regulation. This role reports to the Chair of the Board and also into the Chief Financial Officer.
In this position, you will also coordinate and manage accounting services across the Group, including consolidating Group financial information and overseeing the accounts receivable, accounts payable and bank reconciliation processes. Direct reports may include Accounts Payable Clerks.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring completion and lodgement of statutory forms/returns and reporting under the CA, ASX Listing Rules and other relevant legislation / regulation.
- Ensuring compliance with the ‘continuous disclosure’ requirements of the CA and the ASX Listing Rules.
- Compilation and distribution of Board papers, attendance at Board meetings and documentation and distribution of Board minutes.
- Maintaining Company registers and statutory Company documents.
- Recording (and advising ASIC / ASX where necessary) declarations / conflicts of interest of Directors, including in relation to securities held in the Company.
- Coordinate the accounting & month-end process for the consolidated Group, including distribution of templates and communication of deadlines.
- Preparation of the monthly consolidated profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow for the Group for review.
- Manage the preparation of the half-year and full-year financial and annual reports.
- Consult with external auditors regarding the annual and half-year reports
- Consolidate subsidiary annual profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow budgets for review.
- Manage the preparation of budget presentations to the Board.
- Assist with the preparation of the Group income tax return & assist with preparing the annual (FBT) return.
- Oversee that subsidiary companies meet Business Activity Statement (BAS), PRT and superannuation obligations.
- Manage the preparation of the half-year and full-year statutory cash flow for review/oversee daily bank reconciliations.
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting / Commerce discipline is essential
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in the engineering and construction industry
- Prior experience or training as a Company Secretary in Australia
- Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Practising Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Exceptional technical accounting skills, with the ability to apply these skills practically
- Must have experience working in an ASX Listed environment
What you can expect in return:
- Highly competitive salary – $200k-$250k + super
- Work for a highly reputable ASX Listed Company
- Great company culture and people
- Join a hugely successful business with multiple high-profile projects
Please send your updated resume to Tanzela Azam – Senior Associate Director by clicking ‘apply now’.
Suite 6, Level 3, 1 Hood Street West
Subiaco WA 6008
- 08 9480 0479