Construction Environmental Coordinator
Seeking great weather, amazing location and world class construction projects to work on? Is 2023 your year to make the big move “down under” to the land of opportunity? Mentorship, coaching & the opportunity to develop your career with an elite project delivery team.
Are you seeking great adventure and an outdoor lifestyle? Would you enjoy being able to access some of the most beautiful and pristine beaches in the world? Surfing, fishing, boating and much much more. With full sponsorship provided to the right candidates, this would be the time to relocate to Australia! Perth is consistently highly ranked in the most livable cities IN THE WORLD!
Our client is a successful international multidisciplinary contractor with a healthy record for winning complex and challenging multibillion dollar packages of work.
We are recruiting an Environmental Coordinator with a background in large civil and structural infrastructure construction projects. This role is offered on a permanent, full time basis.
Typical duties are likely to include:
- Deliver environmental management and sustainability measures in accordance with the Management Plans and relevant legislation
- Produce environmental impact assessments including environmental effects
- Maintain and manage key business performance indicators to implement and measure improvements
- Assist with the implementation, communication and review of the Environmental Management System, Construction Environmental Management Plan, and other management documents
- Provide environmental advice and assistance to the project teams
- Undertaking preliminary desktop environmental assessments of potential project sites
- Reviewing results of flora and fauna, cultural heritage, landscape and visual impact assessments.
- Working with Project Delivery Managers, Construction and Operation staff to highlight environmental issues and the ways in which these may be resolved.
- Undertaking direct landowner and neighbour liaison regarding potential environmental impacts.
- Developing relationships with local environmental stakeholders, including Local Environment Groups, Local Council, State Department Environment officers, and Federal Environment Department staff.
- Assist with the preparation and review of referrals required under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation (EPBC) Act and State environment legislation
- Develop and implement Environmental mitigation measures on construction site
To be considered for this role:
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Engineering or similar
- Knowledge of environmental issues and potential mitigation options.
- Understanding of Australian regulatory environmental reporting and compliance requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate successful planning outcomes with key government and non government stakeholders.
- Experience in delivering outcomes on time and within budget.
- Previous involvement in community consultation on environmental issues and management.
Zenith Search was established in 2011, with our Directors operating successfully in the construction sector since 2006 we saw an opportunity to develop a new business that specialised in delivering an exceptional level of service to the market. Our business has a trusted reputation and enviable track record in delivering contract, permanent and executive search recruitment services.
Suite 6, Level 3, 1 Hood Street West
Subiaco WA 6008
- 08 9480 0479