Zenith General Manager – Finance
EMPLOYER: Our client is a well-established player in the coal sector, the owner operator of a significant producing asset in Central Queensland. They are a low-cost producer with a strong commitment to safety, environmental responsibility and community. The continued development of this high performing team means they are now seeking a passionate and proactive site based General Manager of Finance. This is a site based role with options for residential, DIDO or FIFO arrangement.
POSITION: We are looking for an exceptional financial leader to oversee and manage the financial operations at site. The General Manager of Finance will be responsible for driving financial strategies, managing cost and budgets, ensuring compliance, and contributing to the overall success of operations. This role is ideal for someone with a strong financial background, leadership skills, and a passion for driving excellence in the mining industry.
- Implement financial strategies that align with the company’s objectives and ensure profitability.
- Ensure the continual improvement of financial framework at site, ensuring efficiency and exceptional support to operational teams.
- Oversee financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting processes.
- Manage the site’s finance, inventory and administration team, providing leadership, guidance, mentoring and support to achieve department goals.
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations, standards, and industry best practices.
- Collaborate with other departments to optimize cost-efficiency and productivity. Notwithstanding close support of the commercial team.
- Drive process improvements and operational excellence in financial procedures.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including government agencies, investors, and external partners.
- Monitor and report on financial performance, risks, and opportunities to senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
- CPA or CA
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in financial management, with a strong preference for experience in the mining industry.
- Proven leadership and team management skills.
- Strong knowledge of financial regulations, reporting, and compliance.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strategic thinking and a results-oriented mindset.
- Base salary: $250,000-$285,000 plus superannuation.
- STIP – up to 20% of base salary.
- Opportunities for professional development and growth within the company.
If you are a highly motivated financial leader with a passion for the mining industry and a commitment to excellence, we encourage you to “APPLY NOW”Apply Now