Zenith Inventory Controller
TerraCom Limited is an ASX listed mid-tier resource company with operating mines in Australia and South Africa, with a strategy is to build a global portfolio of operations.
TerraCom own and operate the Blair Athol Coal Mine, located near Clermont, Central Queensland.
The Blair Athol Coal mine is located 24km north-west of the family friendly township of Clermont in Central Queensland, 120 km north-west of Emerald and 275km south-west of Mackay.
TerraCom support people to grow, learn and develop their skills to reach their potential. They offer an exciting working environment, with career progression opportunities, as they genuinely believe that the capability of their people is key to success. Blair Athol Mine believes in fostering and nurturing each of their team members by providing them with a safe and enjoyable place to work, along with guidance and support from leaders they can rely on. Come and play a key role in shaping their future!
About the role
An excellent opportunity for an energetic, self-motivated Inventory Controller to join the site team at the Blair Athol Mine in a Monday – Friday role. Reporting to the Finance and Commercial Superintendent, the Inventory Controller will lead a small Warehouse Team at the Blair Athol Mine. Key responsibilities of this hands-on role are: –
- Planning and forecasting ordering of inventory items such as stock, equipment and parts.
- Monitoring supplier performance and analysing discrepancies.
- Analysing mine site inventory consumption and executing strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Identification of opportunities to consolidate spend and lead tender processes to deliver the best value (economic and non-economic value) for the mine.
- Management of a Storeperson, directing their day to day activities.
- Engaging with internal customers to identify, develop and execute opportunities for improvement across inventory processes and procedures.
- Develop and lead the implementation of robust inventory stocktaking procedures and reporting.
- Development of inventory reports to analyse performance against key performance indicators.
- Lead the improvement of the inventory management process -incorporating product storage, warehouse mapping and setup and administration of quantities on hand.
Skills and experience
- Experienced in a fast-paced workplace environment.
- Experienced in the management of inventory within heavy industry.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse operational inventory requirements and execute optimising strategies.
- Experienced with strategic sourcing initiatives and leading tender processes.
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated experience in developing concise, relevant and timely inventory control reporting.
- Experience managing the warehouse function and stores team.
- High level of accuracy with attention to detail
- Good time and organisational skills
- Coal Board Medical & Standard 11 Statement of Attainment desirable
- Working for a growing mine that offers exposure to all areas of its operations
- Permanent full time, Monday to Friday role – Clermont based
- An attractive remuneration package in line with experience