Mining Open Pit Mine Geologist
- 8:6 FIFO from Perth.
- Join a successful ASX 200 Miner in an exciting project.
- Industry-leading salary package on offer + great incentives.
Are you a Junior Geologist who’s looking to take the next step in your Production Career, This opportunity will see you working with one of the best Geology teams in WA Mining, and will be well supported by industry leaders who are passionate about training and mentoring.
This role will be reporting to the Project Mine Geologist on an 8:6 FIFO roster from Perth, newly refurbished camps with access to best-in-class software and technologies.
- Working safely is at the core of their values, and you will champion safety.
- Great communication skills are essential as you will be part of liaising and communicating with on-site contractors.
- Coordination of mining activities in ensuring grade control is optimised.
- Geological Data collection through sampling and logging.
As an Open-pit Mine Geologist, you will start mastering every facet of Open-pit mining production activities and will be given mentorship and autonomy to:
- Assist in conducting grade control modeling, including wireframing.
- Provide Support to Project and Senior Mine Geologists with the reconciliation and reporting requirements.
- Manage drilling and mining operators, and Pit Technicians with their day-to-day plans.
- Collaborate with Resource and Admin Geologists in managing geological databases and QA/QC systems.
You will bring an energetic spirit and can-do attitude to this role and to further support you in your career, there are additional benefits on offer including:
- Employee Referral Bonus, spread the word, and get rewarded.
- Career development plans with access to leading-edge geology courses.
- Social clubs and functions, be recognized and awarded for your hard work.
- Social and community engagement, know what it takes to truly care.
If you are ready for a change and have what it takes including:
- A bachelor’s degree in Applied Geology, Geo-Science, or any related field.
- At least 1-2 years of production experience in Precious or Base Metals.
- WA Full C class license and a National Police Clearance for pre-employment.
Your resume will be kept completely private & confidential until we have discussed the role and you are comfortable moving forward with the opportunity.
If this role sounds like the perfect fit for you click apply now to send a copy of your CV.
On the other hand, if you are unsure if this role is the right fit for you get in touch with John on 0408 137 706 to have a confidential discussion about your career.
Consultant – Mining
LinkedIn: John Angara