Zenith Project & Systems Accountant – 2 yr fixed term contract
- Project & System Accountant – 2 year Fixed Term Contract – Perth CBD
- $140k-$155k + super + benefits
- Mining Operator – must have project & systems accounting experience
We are proud to work with one of WA’s leading, mining operators who have a couple of sites in regional WA. They are experiencing exponential growth and are now looking to add to their already existing organisation and team.
The Exciting Position:
This role is responsible for supporting the strategic and operational management of financial management systems and processes used across the Group.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Provide day to day finance business partnering to site(s) and HQ in accounting system and reporting areas, as directed by the Group Financial Controller
- Contribute to evaluating, maintaining, and developing financial systems utilised across the Group, as directed by the Group Financial Controller
- Designing and implementing system and process enhancements as outlined within the Finance department project timeline
- Report writing lead using the various Pronto & BI reporting solutions
- Maintain project and GL database for 2 separate operational sites in WA
- Assist in the development of process procedures and guidelines for Finance area
- Charting of accounts and project structure design and recommendation
- Collaboratively engage with operations, Head Office and finance to highlight areas of opportunities and improvements in systems and reporting and provide analysis support to identify the root cause
- Responsible for implementation of changes that may impact upload to in-house automation process
- Project and Program Management or support for new financial and reporting projects, such as but not limited to; automation process on Annual Reporting, automation process on GL and Bank Reconciliation to Cloud Based system, automation process on sales reconciliation and processing, cloud/system driven forecasting/budgeting process.
- Ensuring compliance with internal control procedures
- Demonstrate a commitment to and understanding of all safety programs, procedures, and directions, including the use of Personal Protective Equipment and ensure employees under direction comply with safety procedures
- Report all injuries, incident & near misses to the manager as soon as possible
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce (majoring in Accounting & IT, or related field)
- Strong technical experience to support users, accounting upgrade management and in systems testing
- Project lead experience in change management system (ERP or automation)
- Pronto Xi and any other ERP systems knowledge with the ability to provide strong conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge on BI reporting systems, e.g., TM1, SharePoint, BI tools (MS Power BI and QlikView)
- 5+ years of experience in accounting or systems accounting using Pronto
- Experience in the Mining Operations/Mining Services/Engineering industries is desirable
- Professional membership CPA or CA is desirable
- Project Management certification is desirable
What you can expect in return:
- $140k-$155k + super
- Dynamic mining operations environment
- Career progression and development
- Work with an empowered management team
This is an urgent requirement so please kindly send your updated resume and cover letter addressing the essential criteria by clicking ‘apply now’ to Tanzela Azam – Senior Associate Director. Thank you for your consideration.
Please kindly note that only successfully shortlisted applicants will be contacted.Apply Now