Mining Senior Electrical Engineer
Our client is a leading mining company with an extensive portfolio of gold mining operations with WA. Reporting to the Superintendent: Maintenance, you will contribute to the coordination of electrical engineering-related projects and maintenance work for predominantly processing facilities and associated infrastructure to meet current and anticipated demand. All duties must be in alignment with company standards whilst maintaining strict compliance with relevant legislative and statutory requirements.
About the role:
- Contribute to the activities of contractors in a cost-effective and efficient manner, ensuring that they are aware of performance targets, have the necessary tools to achieve these, and that their activities are aligned with Company targets.
- Assist the company to achieve production targets through the timely completion of tasks by demonstrating knowledge in interpreting and understanding of plans, drawings, and schedules, systematically working to achieve planned outcomes, and assisting the team wherever necessary.
- Ensure organisational capability by using relevant SAP & AMT reports to monitor the reliability, availability, and cost effectiveness of all assets under control.
- Contribute to the long-term sustainability through the identification, coordination, and management of energy related projects including the review and implementation of improved energy efficiency across existing infrastructure and equipment.
- Involvement in downtime investigations and root cause analysis along with critical spares analysis/optimisation;
- Supervising internal & external contractors and Graduate Engineers.
- Tertiary clarification in Electrical, Process Control, or related discipline
- Experience in a similar role with knowledge of HV reticulation, processing fixed plant equipment, and infrastructure services
- Sound knowledge of legislative and statutory requirements and security standards
- Experience in gold processing plant operation, distribution of high and low voltage electricity, PLC’s and SCADA, LV Drives & Instrumentation.
- Experience developing maintenance strategies for HV and LV assets
- Major mining company
- Large scale gold operations
- Attractive salary + site allowance + bonus scheme
- Residential Kalgoorlie/Kambalda 5/2. 4/3 or FIFO 8/6
- Private Health Insurance Allowance
Shortlisting will commence immediately, click apply now or please email your resume to email@example.com
All communication is treated strictly confidential and will be kept completely private until we have discussed the role and you are comfortable to move forward with the opportunity.
To find out more details on this position or any other opportunities in the mining industry, please call Clint Allen on 0480 042 517Apply Now
Suite 6, Level 3, 1 Hood Street West
Subiaco WA 6008
- 08 9480 0479