Mining Senior Field Technician
Zenith Search Mining currently has several live roles for Senior Field Technicians to join one of WA’s premier mining operators.
This mining house is a multi-site, large scale bulk producer. This organization embraces a collaborative, diverse, inclusive and above all else a safe working environment. You will have the opportunity to bring your leadership skills to the table and encourage safe and productive field operations.
You will be based onsite with access to world-class mining operations and accommodation and an opportunity to partake in the continued success of this mining company.
You will be rewarded with an above-market salary rate and access to new technologies and industry-leading processes. You will work with the best people and will be a valued asset in the Field Exploration and Operations and willl have the chance to bring your ideas with business leaders.
- This position is offered on a variety of FIFO rosters from Perth.
- Collaborating with field Geologists to assist in the management of field programs.
- Managing the collection of samples from drilling equipment and other geological techniques in accordance with the SWPs and in a safe manner in consultation with the field geologist.
- Managing the preparation and sampling of drill core.
- Managing the provision and maintenance of vehicles, camp infrastructure, and all other field equipment.
- Managing the provision of contractors for earthmoving, rehabilitation, and, the like.
- Day-to-day management of landholder relations.
- Manage the timely provision of all consumables
- Accurate maintenance of records of activities.
- Mentoring and supervision of subordinates. Including providing a positive role model.
- Cross-departmental liaison and adding value in promoting communication of the field operations team to internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate effective safety leadership.
Skills and Attributes
- 4-10 years of practical/professional experience, preferably in the Mining or Exploration Industry.
- TAFE Cert I-IV in either mining or exploration field practice highly regarded, or WA (year 12) school leavers cert incorporated with actual experience.
- Current manual Australian driver’s license essential.
- Competency with logchief, incontrol, XRF preferable
- Current forklift operator’s license desirable
- Current First Aid certificate desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Computer literate – proficient Microsoft user.
- Adaptable, able to work as part of a team and follow instructions.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work in remote and sometimes extreme environmental conditions.
- High level of physical fitness required.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a good business and enjoy a lifestyle roster, an industry-high salary rate, and above all a Fortune 500 company that puts safety at the very core of its operation.
Your resume will be kept completely private & confidential until we have discussed the role and you are comfortable moving forward with the opportunity.
If this role sounds like the perfect fit for you click apply now to send a copy of your CV.
On the other hand, if you are unsure if this role is the right fit for you get in touch with John on 0408 137 706 to have a confidential discussion about your career.
Consultant – Mining
LinkedIn: John Angara
All applications will be treated strict confidence
Suite 6, Level 3, 1 Hood Street West
Subiaco WA 6008
- 08 9480 0479