Health and Safety Senior HSE Advisor
- Make a real difference in the lives of people living with a disability
- Rewarding role within a supportive and passionate team
- Competitive NFP salary packaging and entertainment allowance
Join one of Australia’s largest not-for-profit organisations providing a full range of specialist services from early childhood through to adulthood. The OH&S team are a dedicated, passionate, and supportive team inspired to make a difference in the lives of individuals every day. Deeply committed to enhancing the quality of life of every individual and support them to live their best lives possible.
The Exciting Opportunity:
This position for a HSE Advisor in the Healthcare/Disability sector will report directly to the Health and Safety Manager and you will form part of a dynamic team as a trusted advisor to promote community focused care and service. We are looking for someone with a good understanding of Disability/Community Services legislation with outstanding communication skills to provide professional support and health and wellbeing across the organisation.
- Support the Health and Safety manager with health and safety compliance issues and continuously improving the safety culture.
- Facilitating a consistent approach to risk management ensuring workers are trained and using risk management tools.
- Support Operational managers with positive strategies based on proactive analysis of information, lead and lagging indicators to promote a positive and resilient safety culture for team members, clients, contractors, and visitors.
- Assist with implementing policies and processes to minimise risks and to achieve and maintain compliance.
- Facilitating the reporting and recording of all incidents, hazards and near misses.
- Ensuring incident investigations are completed as required, identifying root causes and corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Conducting regular visits to all areas of responsibility interacting with the management team and workforce to determine suitability of processes, risk management, safety behaviours, field inspections and system audits.
- Effective communication, listening, interpersonal, influencing and stakeholder management skills
- The ability to manage sensitive inquiries with tact, discretion, and confidentiality
- Strong people management skills
- Relevant qualification in health and safety
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role
- Current drivers licence
- Ability to obtain a National Police Clearance within 6 months
- Covid and Influenza vaccinations
- NDIS Workers Orientation Module
- First Aid Certificate
What you can expect:
- A positive work environment with a passionate team
- A competitive salary that reflects your skills and experience
- The opportunity to make a difference every day, working directly and indirectly to support individuals with Autism
- Access to generous salary packaging options
We are shortlisting candidates over the next 48 hours so please send your cv to Rachael Bell – Team Leader – Healthcare or call 0480 042 522 immediately as this is an urgent requirement – please click ‘apply now’. Please note that only successfully shortlisted candidates will be selected.