Mining Senior Mining Engineer
This role will find you within a tier 1 Gold producer in Western Australia. Prioritise getting the exposure that you need to further your career within Mining Engineering and your leadsership skills. You will be joining a fast-paced dynamic team that prides themselves on assisting one another to develop their skillsets.
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and work alongside some of the industries most talented professionals, then this could be the job for you.
Reporting to the Mine Manager your duties will include:
- Oversee the day-to-day production output of the Mining team
- Effectively mentor, coach and develop Mining Engineers
- Assist with the development of Life-of-Mine (LOM) designs and schedules, budget plans, through to short term designs and 3-Month Plans
- Identify and complete mine infrastructure and optimisation projects as required
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the underground contractor and wider technical services team
- Produce accurate end of month reconciliation reports
- Provide visible safety leadership and drive productivity improvement initiatives
You are a self-sufficient and motivated individual that can confidentially make operational decisions. You can anticipate business needs and ensure production output targets are achieved. You work well under pressure and can handle multiple tasks at any given time.
There are also a couple of other key things that will definitely assist in your application like the following:
- Bachelor Mining Engineering BEng
- First Class WA Mine Manager’s certificate of competency (preferred but not essential)
- Previous experience with underground gold mining
- Exposure to mine planning systems, including exposure to short, medium and long term forecasting
- Proficient use and application of MsOffice suite, and relevant mining software including Deswik, Surpac, Datamine, EPS and VentSim
Let’s talk further
Successful candidates can expect to be contacted within 1 business day of the application.
Your resume will be kept completely private & confidential until we have discussed the role and you are comfortable to move forward with the opportunity.
If this role sounds like the perfect fit for you click apply now to send a copy of your CV.
On the other hand, if you are unsure if this role is the right fit for you get in touch with Nadia on
0480 042 514 to have a confidential discussion around your career.
Recruitment Manager – Mining
Suite 6, Level 3, 1 Hood Street West
Subiaco WA 6008
- 08 9480 0479