Zenith Senior People/HR Advisor
Our client is a successful, well-established, and respected mid-tier Australian gold producer with multiple options to expand and develop.
Due to continued growth, we are seeking a suitably experienced Senior People/HR Advisor to join the site-based People & Culture Team.
The Senior People/HR Advisor is a mid to senior level role, overseeing the HR Function. You will have a direct relationship with all members of the Management Team, whilst developing relationships with all staff within the business.
Working back-to-back with the Superintendent of People and Administration. This role is 8 days on and 6 days off Fly in Fly out from Perth however you will be required to work in their West Perth office on a periodic basis
This is a true operational and generalist position. The key responsibilities are varied and include:
- Providing advice, support and coaching to the Operational Management teams in employee relations, performance development, HR policy interpretation, succession planning, and organisation structure issues;
- Assisting the Superintendent to develop and monitor strategies to improve attraction, retention and engagement of employees which will result in improved productivity through reduced turnover of employees.
- Contribute to the development of strategies that support to manage complex employee relations matters;
- Identify, initiate and lead the roll-out and implementation of key HR and related projects and strategies, ensuring clear communication and support is provided to relevant people and fully aligned with corporate direction;
- Provide guidance and leadership to the Payroll, Recruitment, Mobilisation and Administration functions.
- Support the finance function with payroll requirements and subject matter expertise in salary sacrificing, superannuation and similar employee benefits;
- Ensure relevant industrial relations legislation, conditions of employment, policies, procedures, managerial instructions and agreements are complied with by conducting periodic audits, implementing timely remedial action and providing specialist advice to user departments at all RED 5 Operations;
- Review of all HR procedures and systems to create consistency within the Human Resource function.
Ideally you will have:
- 3 – 4 years’ experience in a HR Advisor / generalist role.
- Solid understanding of the relevant employment legislation
- Sound judgement and high-level ability to interpret and analyse HR policies.
- Strong ability to initiate, build and maintain strong and effective relationships with all levels of stakeholders.
- A tertiary qualification in Human Resources or similar is desirable.
- Experience in a mining or heavy industry environment would be highly regarded.
Our client thrives on CORE values of Courage, Ownership, Respect, Reliability and Excellence. This leads to a culture that supports a safe and secure working environment, favorable working conditions, training and development opportunities, career advancement opportunities, and the autonomy and responsibility to achieve individual, project and organisational goals.
They actively encourage diversity and pride themselves on their inclusive environment.
If you are looking to step up in your career or change industries into Mining, please contact Tamara for a confidential discussion, APPLY NOW!Apply Now