Mining Underground Mine Planning Engineer
Our client is currently seeking a highly skilled and motivated Mine Planning Engineer to join the team. Working for this leading gold mining company you will be reporting to the Superintendent: Geotechnical, you will facilitate the safe and optimal extraction of gold from underground mining operations. In compliance with site Environmental and Safety Standards, you will be responsible for all mining aspects including the development and implementation of production plans in line with short to medium term planning targets.
- Daily production tasks relating to geotechnical engineering including development plans, blasting plans, documentation of inspections and data collection, geotechnical monitoring, stability analysis, recommendations, and QAQC;
- Update and maintain the ground control management plan (GCMP) and the Seismic hazard Management Plan (SHMP);
- Provide a geotechnical service to the mine through understanding, complying, mentoring, and liaising with business partners to promote full statutory compliance with mining regulations, legislation, and company safety objectives relevant to ground control;
- Ensure that QAQC, Hazard maps, and/or monitoring reports are compiled and issued monthly;
- Ensure performance objectives and targets are SMART and deliver the expected outcomes;
- Capable of running geotechnical and backfill aspects of a mine with some input from other senior staff;
- Provide technical support to the mine through the optimization of paste backfill systems including improvements to rheology, reticulation, QAQC, and backfill strength design whilst ensuring that all backfill risks are considered, evaluated, and have adequate controls;
- Actively identifying and managing geotechnical risks and the development of systems to monitor and manage these.
- Provide value add technical solutions based on strategic and operational analysis of opportunities within the mine including supporting other business functions with integrated life of mine plan solutions and continuous mine modernization through the implementation of new technologies and systems.
- Develop and support an understanding of excavation design, planning, geological and operational issues to identify and communicate potential opportunities and concerns;
- Updating and reporting on the rock fall, rock mass deformation monitoring, and seismic databases where applicable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mining engineering, Geological Engineering, or Geology with Post Graduate qualifications in Geomechanics
- Extensive demonstrated experience with underground hard rock and geotechnical engineering.
- Experience in Project/Cost/Contractor Management
- Detailed knowledge of the Work Health and Safety (Mines) Regulations 2022 & Work Health and Safety Act 2020
- Experience with Deswik mining software preferred
- Large portfolio of gold projects
- Permanent staff role
- Competitive salary package + benefits
- Continual training and the ability to expand your career
- Site Allowance & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Annual bonus and Long-Term Cash Incentive Plan
- FIFO 8/6 roster or residential option
Shortlisting will commence immediately, click apply now or please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All communication is treated strictly confidential and will be kept completely private until we have discussed the role and you are comfortable to move forward with the opportunity.
To find out more details on this position or any other opportunities in the mining industry, please call Clint Allen on 0480 042 517Apply Now